Huntley Properties is committed to protecting the privacy of all users of the website located at https://huntleypropertiesspain.com. In no case will collected data be sold to third parties.
For the purpose of General Data Protection Regulation we are:
a data controller in respect of any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect, through the Website (including personal data you provide to us).
Contact can be made by the contact form on the website if any questions arise.
Information Collected When Visiting The Website
Server Log Information
Web hosting services are provided by a third party company located in the UK. In common with all web servers information is logged when a request is made to the website address. This information will include IP address, date/time, request, source, browser version and operating system.
Server logs are stored and maintained to ensure that networks and security is not compromised. Logs are used primarily to analyse and and mitigate suspicious activity and prevent unauthorised network access.
Unless there is suspicious activity, no attempt is made to identify individuals from server log information.
Cookies are data files stored on a users computer and installed directly by web server or by third party servers.
Some cookies are necessary for the correct functioning of the website others gather analytical information. Any and all cookies can be removed.
Information Collected When Contacting Us
We collect information provided, name, email address, telephone number and any additional information submitted.
Messages sent is this manner are not stored in a database on the website server. However, message information is stored by third party email services which are resident outside the European Economic Area.
When contacted by phone, the phone number and any other information provided is collected. Phone messages are not recorded.
When contacted by post we will collect the information provided.
We use third party services to assist in the running of the business, specifically email and hosting providers.
Google Analytics is employed by the website to obtain statistical information. Such information is gathered by Google on an aggregated and anonymous basis. A detailed explanation of how Google collects and uses information is available at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
Information collected by Google is stored outside the European Economic Area on Google servers in the United States of America.
A tool is provided by Google to opt out of Google Analytics and is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Google Maps interface is used to visually display geographical (location) information. When using Google Maps, Google also collects, processes and uses data about map use by visitors.
Information Sharing / Disclosure
There may be instances where it is necessary to share your information with other business services including but not limited to accountant, lawyer, business consultant, independent contractor, or insurers.
Disclosure of personal information may be required by law:
- On suspicion of a criminal act or threat to public safety,
- Enforcement of legal rights or,
- Under circumstances of legal dispute or proceedings.
Legal Basis for Collecting Information
This business collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- The purposes of complying with duties and exercising rights under a contract for the sale of services to a customer; or
- complying with legal obligations.
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of this business, including:
- selling and supplying services to customers;
- protecting customers, maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising services;
- improving existing services and developing new services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
We only store personal data for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes mentioned here or as is required by law.
Server Log Information is retained for a period of twelve months for security reasons.
Correspondence and Enquiries when you make contact with us we will retain relevant information for so long as it takes to resolve the enquiry and thereafter for a further six months.
To protect your personal information , we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to ensure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
All communication is facilitated in encrypted form (SSL/TLS https protocol) between user and server which is now a common standard with internet operations. All major service providers use the same standard.
Most popular browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox etc.) indicate a secure connection by mounting a green padlock and stating explicitly the site is ‘Secure’ at the beginning of the site address.
However, Internet communications cannot be considered or guaranteed to be entirely secure. Because of this fact, if you choose to send us information using the Internet (email, contact form) you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any losses or damage caused as a result of your transmission of information by these means.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
No use is made of this technology.
Sensitive Personal Information
No attempt is made to collect information of this nature.
Your Rights in Relation to Your information
You have the following rights under EU and UK Data Protection governing laws,
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data held about you (the right of access)
- the right to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right to be forgotten);
- the right to request update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data held about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability)
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please the contact details set out above.
You can always contact the supervisory authority responsible for you with a complaint. Your competent supervisory authority will depend on the state of your domicile, work or alleged violation
Official Journal of the European Union (GDPR)